National PF5301 cross reference

Looking for a suitable cross-reference for a National PF5301 TO-92 N channel JFET as I can't find the original part anywhere. Hell, I can't even find an original datasheet. The critical parameter for the sub is Igss which for the National part is 1pA. The only thing I've been able to find so far is a Linear Systems LS5301 which has a Ig of 1pA, but at $40 a pop (!), I'd like to find an alternate.

Does anyone know of any possible substitutes?

Thanks.

Reply to
JW

Not exactly a data sheet, but it does have some specs. There should be some other acceptable devices in the chart. 2N4117A or 2N4118 look very close.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature

What's the application? Do you really need a jfet?

 Click to see the full signature

ITYM PN4117A and PN4118A. [Google] Or maybe so?

Those do look good and there seems to be some out there, but I'm not too crazy about sources that ask for a RFQ only to tell you that they have a $100 minimum. Was hoping for something I could buy at Digikey or Mouser or some other distributor with no minimums.

Although there is a Vishay 2N4117A-E3

I wonder what the -E3 means? I found a datasheet, but it does not state what -E3 is.

Vishay also has a 2N4118A.

In stock too. Maybe I'll give that one a go, wrong package but beggars can't be choosers.

A pity that these are all EOL. *sigh*

Thanks, Jeff.

Reply to
JW

Actually, they look very much like the PF5301 with a JEDEC registered number instead of a NS only number.

Welcome to eBay, my favorite source for all things odd and unobtainable. I suggest you buy from two different US vendors and get some spares. Don't be surprised if you get unarked parts stolen off the production line, fished out of the rejects bin, or are counterfeits (especially electrolytics). For eBay parts, you can have anything you want except quality. Q302 is not part of a differential pair, so you shouldn't need to do any matching. Good luck.

I'm getting old enough to be declared EOL. No sympathy.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

JW schrieb:

Hi,

I could send you photos (don't have access to a scanner till Monday): interested? If yes, just contact me per PM.

CU

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

How about this?

Around $8 but there's two in the package.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I managed to purchase a few dozen PN4117A (new-old-stock Calogic) on eBay last year... figured they might be useful for playing around with ion-chamber radiation detector designs. There are still a couple of vendors on eBay offering these.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dave Platt

If it's speced at 10 nA at max temperature, what would you expect at room temp?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.
Reply to

You might find some here: