Low current zener diodes?

Does anyone sell Zener diodes that hit the constant voltage part of their I-V curve at currents of less than 5mA? I have a datasheet from Microsemi that gives the specs of 1N46xx diodes, and lists a Zener test current of 250uA. These would be great, except that no one seems to actually sell them--it's all "call for quote". Are low-current Zeners only manufactured by special order?

--
Please reply to:            | "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
pciszek at panix dot com    |  indistinguishable from malice."

Pretty much. Most diodes a just "measured into" a low current by going into the knee. IMHO not a good thing. Central Semi is pretty good:

Talk to Charlie Moller, very helpful.

Long story short, most of the time when clients call in with a zener tolerance issue I redesign their units to accept the LMV431 and similar chips. Unless the few cents extra aren't in the cards, then we have to select a new zener.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to