Looking for Sources for Laser Components

I am looking for a small laser that I can mount in a sci-fi model for visual effect. No, I am not trying to get a star wars style solid blue line. Just something that one to give some kind of effect.

I'd need something that runs abount 9V. I'd like as low power as possible. I need something small that will fit into a model

Is there a laser with low enought power that I can use that I do not have to worry about safety issues?

If anyone know of any components

Reply to
faceman28208

"Phil Allison" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Got to second that. Small lasers have found such a HUGE geek fanboy following by now that half an hour of Googling will tell you more than you'll ever want to know, and it's will do it with so much duplication that there are few justifications for lame questions about them, especially given the safety issues. How the hell can anyone be responsible for a laser if they can't answer that simple a question on their own efforts?

Start at Laser Pointer Forums. I doubt you'll have to look anywhere else unless you want to explore in depth. And use the search before asking stuff cos if you don't I GUARANTEE they'll all have heard it before more often than they want to.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan