Looking for a SPI to multiplexed adress/data bus 'bridge'

Good afternoon,

I need to replace the 80186 compatible CPU on a design from us by a more modern CPU module that has no data bus but an SPI interface.

I found some SPI-IO expander chips, I could probably use a simple CPLD, but a ready-to-use bridge chip that converts to a 8-bit multiplexed data/address bus would be very nice.

Does anyone know of such a chip?

Thanks, Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Heller

What *exactly* do you want to interface to? Why doesn't the I/O expander work for you?

Reply to
keithw86

I want to achive higher data rates than I can get with byte-banging (?) the IO-port.

Several devices are connected to the bus, among them an ADC, a DAC, and a couple of FPGAs.

Reply to
Thomas Heller

"Thomas Heller" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

Can't imagine a CPU without a databus. So I think you'll have to be more specific about your needs.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

do you mean 16 bit MCU ?

"Thomas Heller" ??? news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net ???...

Reply to
townt.com

townt.com schrieb:

Yes, but an 8-bit data bus would be sufficient.

Reply to
Thomas Heller

Microchip support 8, 16, 32 but MCU

I cannot sure, are you looking for 80x86 with data bus?