Looking for a digital voice recorder with USB and mp3

I'm looking for a digital voice recorder that will record in MP3 format and dump the files into the computer via USB port. It needs to be able to record clearly in an organiozational meeting, we want to use it to record minutes of meetings and store them on the computer, thereby eliminating "taking notes" and having to type them in. We'd also like to find the most bang for the lowest buck possible. Are there any reviews anywhere on these?

--
Yours In Liberty,  Melissa  - Colorado, U.S.A.
http://melissasliberty.blogspot.com/

The last best hope for liberty, to give the world its first Bill of
Rights:  http://www.UPAlliance.org/billofrights.htm
Reply to
Melissa

I read in sci.electronics.design that Melissa wrote (in ) about 'Looking for a digital voice recorder with USB and mp3', on Sun, 20 Mar 2005:

You are making the task difficult by asking for USB. It is very easy to do what you want if you connect the recorder output to the sound card input, either analogue (wire) or digital (fibre-optic). There are hundreds of mini-disc and other audio recorders on the market which will do this. You can also record **directly** to a portable computer, feeding it from one or more microphones depending on the size of the meeting. Boundary-layer microphones are very good for this application. The low-cost ones are mostly not greatly inferior to the more costly ones. If you need to use more than one, you need a simple microphone mixer unit.

I recently recorded several hours of presentations on sound systems on to my portable's hard disc in MP3 format, using the simple application WinADR from

Again, there are many low-cost applications around that will record to hard disc in mP3 format.

'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate

Ok, difficult, but what's out there.

Analog is slow, right? And I don't have fiber inputs on this computer.

Well yeah but I'm looking to spend as little as possible.

But I don't have a portable PC.

--
Yours In Liberty,  Melissa  - Colorado, U.S.A.
http://melissasliberty.blogspot.com/

The last best hope for liberty, to give the world its first Bill of
Rights:  http://www.UPAlliance.org/billofrights.htm
Reply to
Melissa

I read in sci.electronics.design that Melissa wrote (in ) about 'Looking for a digital voice recorder with USB and mp3', on Mon, 21 Mar 2005:

I thought it was a condition of US citizenship. (;-)

OK, my suggestion was no good for you, but you've now had better ones.

'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate