Kill switch??

--Looking for a source for one of those big red mushroom kill switches, the kind that lock when smacked. A twist in one direction unlocks the switch. Does anyone have a proper name for these to search on, or better yet a source? --TIA,

--
        "Steamboat Ed" Haas         :  Just another fart in
        Hacking the Trailing Edge!  :  the Elevator of Life...

"Emergency stop" or "push lock, turn reset". There are also ones that need a key to reset, and other ones that you just pull to reset.

Where I work they're called "Mushrooms", I don't know if this is an accepted term in other industries. Heck, where I work "hit the mushroom" is a verb :-).

Omron etc makes them and Digikey Mouser etc. sell them for $30-$50.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Klockner-Moeller (or just plain Moeller these days) do one, look for Emergency Stop switches in the catalogues.

Most of the regular control switch people do them as well.

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

Small one:

The big ones: Look at Digikey numbers Z1502 through Z1511, different styles with and without key release.

About $25 to a little over $40 IIRC.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

on,

I'm guessing that McMaster-Carr would have them.

I went there, typed in kill switch into the search box, and bingo! I found them on the third page. Actually an "Emergency-Stop Switch with Safety Lockout".

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th