Is there an official SMT size site?

It's bewildering. Was looking for diodes in SC-75, barely anything. Then by chance I found the beloved old BAS, BAV and BAT diodes again. Slightly different numbers but they were listed under SOT-523 which looks the same to me as SC-75, or SOT-416 for that matter.

Is there a somewhat official site that has a compatibility table like the ones for watch batteries?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I don't know if there's anything "official", but just for S&G I did:

and got "about 98,300" hits.

Some of them look promising, especially if you know what you're looking for. I didn't see a(an?) "SC-75", but we don't do other people's homework here anyway. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You know, if any student loves electronics so much that they refer to "the beloved old" *anything*, maybe we should encourage them? :-)

Reply to
DJ Delorie

Joerg, I came to tag new cases used in a layout with the manufacturer and its internal reference number. I doubt there is an official compatibility table. While some cases may look identical, their recommended footprint, if there is any, may not be identical.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

DJ Delorie a écrit :

Hey, don't give them bad trick ideas!

--
Thanks,
Fred.

At one time military standards made devices compatible. But since they were dropped in favor of OTS, chaos.

Al

Reply to
Al

That's always been different even for the very same sizes, I got used to that. But it used to be that SOT23 was SOT23 was SOT23. Now they have three or more designators for the same package. Makes no sense.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

There's a business opportunity here for the enterprising component engineer or layout guy:

Make the web site, slather the borders* with click-through ads for semiconductor companies, PCB houses, layout software, etc. Then keep it up to date so that everyone goes there.

It could, if it were good enough, pay for itself.

Particularly if it had a nice table of equivalents, plus some recommended pad patterns for various different PCB layout software versions.

  • Border ads don't bother me. Pop-ups make me want to shoot someone, but border ads are OK.
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

Yes, the military has always been an order of magnitude better in standardization than any civilian group. The worst ought to be EDA. Lip service, EDIF meetings, press releases, lots of blah-blah and the result is total chaos. No idea why because in medical we managed to agree on one standard (DICOM) and it works. Despite the fact that the number of competitors was a whole lot larger.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I got plenty of hits as well but also some contradictory pages. I was looking for a listing that is somewhat official. When I find one I'll post it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

It most certainly would.

Mozilla doesn't show any pop-ups. I wouldn't mind border ads either as long as they are professionally done without the stupid flashing colors.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Advise from a wise older EE lab rat," Things that are diffeent...are not the same."

sounds silly ion the surface. Ususlllay this tools can explain why it used to work and now does not.

Have fun

Marc

Reply to
LVMarc

This site has a free program with lots of SMT stuff.

Look on the right side of the web page for the download.

Gives part size and PCB footprint info. Problem is finding which package name they list (is it SOT323 or SC70???). For ICs, knowing the JDEC MOxxx works best in this program.

--
Mark
Reply to