Identifying unknown diode.

Hi all I recently purchased a bag of unmarked supposedly diodes and am trying to figure out what they are. The clues so far are normal diode action on a mutimeter but the forward voltage is high at about 1.4 - 1.5 volts. The packaging is a small square black plastic box with flat axial leads one of which has a small cross piece on it. This packaging suggests small signal or at least low power. There is nowhere for the light to come out (or in) so they are not LEDs, anybody got any ideas? Thanks Paul.

Reply to
Paul

"Paul" wrote in news:dofakn$31b$ snipped-for-privacy@mws-stat-syd.cdn.telstra.com.au:

Take a picture and post it to sci.binaries.schematics ? Maybe someones seen before ?

Reply to
newtype

As suggested if anyone wants to look at the mystery diode it is the top one in this picture.

The bottom one is a normal glass 1N914. Paul

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul" Newsgroups: sci.electronics.components Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 9:50 AM Subject: Identifying unknown diode.

Reply to
Paul VK3DIP

Just a wild guess here, but it could be a varactor diode.

Pip VK3YMe

Reply to
Pippa Reeves

sci.binaries.schematics?

--
Been there, Done that, I've got my DD214 to prove it.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell