Finding 100A TVS diode?

BZW6-26, 26v TVS unidirectional diode, through-hole, obsolete, n/a.

The original datasheet says that the 600W peak pulse power is measured over

10/1000 uS waveform, but the 100A forward surge current is spec?d over 1/2 cycle of 60 Hz sine:

All replacements I see, the surge current is nowhere near 100A or is spec?d at 10/1000 uS waveform.

Surely the original isn?t all that unique a part...? Anyone know of a direct replacement?

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Spare Change

Fagor (my TVS favorite) uses the same spec. So does ST. Try the -28 version for distributor inventory. Fagor's slightly larger 5kp version, 8.7 x 9 mm, is rated for 500A surge. There are larger ones available.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

It's not shown as obsolete by Diotec. They claim distributor stock of several thousand in PL, DE and SK.

P6KE-30A from ST is a direct replacement, with exactly the same specifications.

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Bahner