Distributor for small pieces of Teflon insulating tubing?

Can anyone recommend a distributor for short lengths of Teflon insulating tubing? (As in for 18, 22, etc. gauge wire). Mouser lists it but min order is 1000 feet... I only need a foot or two of each size. Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

lists a few sizes (for 12, 13, 14,16, 18 gauge bare wire) by-the-foot, in their "Ham pricing" section. Look under "Tapes and wires".

You might find it easier to locate solid or stranded wire which is pre-insulated with Teflon.

Dave Platt

JeffM

If you just need short pieces it might be easier to strip some Teflon wire and use the insulation.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Allelectronics has #20 in 4 foot lengths for 60 cents.

This supplier will sell you small rolls (20 to 65 feet, depending on gauge) in #12 through #26 at $7.95 per roll:

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

It looks like MSC sells it by the foot. (page 4195 of the 99 book)

David Lesher

Try a coilwinding/transformer winding wire supplier, it's a stock thing for them.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Be carefull when buying non-roll quantities. Some dispensing measurement methods 'flatten' the material, so that it will never again easily assume full diameter.

RL

Reply to
legg

Try Fox International, 800-231-9786

Reply to
Donald

I've had luck using silicone tubing as a high temp insulator in the past. Get it from old sections of spark plug wiring. Just pull out the core(carbon conductor with nylon weave jacketing.) with a pair of needle nose pliers.(For cores that are sticky spray a bit of silicone lubricant in between the silicone sleeve and the nylon jacketing.) Advantage is it's a good high temp insulator and can be gotten on the cheap. If you've got to have the teflon try a local plastics supply house in your area, or a plastics fabricator shop. They'll have odd bits that you could get cheaply.

Reply to
none