disable cold junction compensation

I was wondering if anyone might know how to disable the cold junction reference on a Watlow 93 temperature controller.

I would like to use the controller to control the differential temperature in a heating system.

Thanks for any comments

Reply to
ian_journeaux

Not specific to that particular controller, but if there's no firmware setting for it, you should probably be able to replace the sensor with a resistor.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

You want to measure temperature rise over something? What are the two sensors connected to?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

YEs

I would like to measure and control the temperature increase of glycol as it flows through the ice field in an ice rink. I will control the temperature increase by adjusting the flow rate of the glycol.

Replac>

Reply to
ian_journeaux

Use RTDs. These are usually wound copper and are very common sensors for temperature control in pipelines. Don't use this Watlow controller - go to Honeywell etc and look for a real differential controller.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson