DIN rails and diodes

I am building an industrial sensor system for warehouse and need to isolate
some inputs using blocking diodes (simple rectifiers will suffice).

To do this in the DIN rail configuration will take 2 terminal blocks, one for
each connection to the diode.

It would be so much easier if there were single-position DIN-rail diodes that
just snap onto the rail with a screw- or push-terminal on each end. Or a
DIN-rail blank (dunno what to call it): a pair of screw terminals on the top
for attaching the diode, and the usual screw- or push-terminals for wiring it
into the circuit.

Surely one of these must exist? but searching turns up nothing.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Re: DIN rails and diodes
"DaveC"  wrote in message

I am building an industrial sensor system for warehouse and need to isolate
some inputs using blocking diodes (simple rectifiers will suffice).

To do this in the DIN rail configuration will take 2 terminal blocks, one
for
each connection to the diode.

It would be so much easier if there were single-position DIN-rail diodes
that
just snap onto the rail with a screw- or push-terminal on each end. Or a
DIN-rail blank (dunno what to call it): a pair of screw terminals on the top
for attaching the diode, and the usual screw- or push-terminals for wiring
it
into the circuit.

Surely one of these must exist? but searching turns up nothing.

Ideas?

Thanks.

I see some multiple (x8) units on ebay, mebbe an enquiry might turn up
smaller units??

Re: DIN rails and diodes

I'd ask Phoenix Contact:

<https://www.phoenixcontact.com/online/portal/us/pxc/offcontext/search_result_page /!ut/p/b1/vZPLcqpAEIafJQ-gM8NNWHJVUUYugwIbiuCgglxUFOTpY86pyi5xkZTdm-6qr-uvme4fRCBkECOK4kQSIAhAVCW3wy5pD3WVHD_7SIiJQnTdZgS0cngFzjVe1ZecO4MsegDhtwCaOezv5mX0bD58AJNYmmIBMpyAoGkbULakJeupHJnOESAggFzs5fdmPhSDmw_uyiIWxETvEYQI5_bmUQ94q2CsJR3UGYQ1n8EQ3r0H60nE3q5dX5FVvIXW9Jkg-2JB-dUvdJhXC_79l5ogOryX4y4tx3Dc9Om4zrK0rlrat-MLTc7pPj7Ty_XYxk2yo2AdhJeJVludLge2czMSqfV51S_I9N3STVsqlsOCz5J5bWwZyz2sCKvRId3ZCnu7cgM7g6vQrLRFqTQ0NAKz42mfGpkvlHdK-p2EC7kelUJwO2urCMUO7U5JO6Ioat3J4bTHaZfJ6qAGxAcbEP1giP9--xH4NNQ_AH4TMgQerWLfi9e27wE8q0v67ATh14LEs7VMc5NY3EVMke2lrJvfu2ZRsGulqyuz2Rb8NWvcPqnMfXiMRnm1aZyzvFO9U64hUEZHQ0RfyTZ6JkP57e0Dq1aIpQ!!/dl4/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/pw/Z7_9GN6024610JPF0AM9L3SC4TGA0>/ren/p=pxc.param.sort.field/p=pxc.param.pager.requested.row.count50%/p=pxc.param.pager.selected.page=2/p=pxc.param.sort.direction=ASC/-/

Re: DIN rails and diodes
Weidmuller?

Re: DIN rails and diodes

Yep - I second that.

Re: DIN rails and diodes

Listing of weidmuller parts.

<http://catalog.weidmueller.com/catalog/Start.do?localeId=en&ObjectID=group38792755270356

Re: DIN rails and diodes

Phoenix Contact has several, in different shapes.  Go to
http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en/connectors-interconnects/terminal-blocks-din-rail-channel
and select "diode" in the "Features" box over on the far right, and also
check the "in stock" box... I get 34 of them, about $3.50 to $22 quantity
one, depending on style.

This URL may or may not take you directly to the search results:
http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?pv565%36&FV=fff40016%2Cfff803bd&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&stock=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize25%
or
<http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?pv565%36&FV=fff40016%2Cfff803bd&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&stock=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize25%>
or even
http://is.gd/BwMCML

Standard disclaimers apply: I don't get money or other consideration
from any companies mentioned.

Matt Roberds

Site Timeline