cd pickup advise

Hi,

Wonder if you can kindly offer me some information on CD pickup with regards to:

  1. pinout

  1. the structure, especially optics ( I have observed that the pickup structure differs from one model to another, is it possible for you to list or provide source of optics information of the cd pickup along with the product model, etc).

Thank you very much for your aid rendered and time. I have read through sam laser faq but it is too generalised.

Yours sincerely, Yoong Ping, Lim

Reply to
Yoong Ping Lim

it's a very generalised subject, every manufacturer does it differently, so it's better if you focus on a particular model.

jim dorey

which one do you suggest that i follow. can you tell me one that you are experienced with? so that i can turn to you for advice. thank you.

Reply to
mikelim

well, most are simple mechanisms, but you have to find the pinouts pretty much by yourself, there may be someone to help if you do ask, but which do you have? i picked one up from walmart, cost 10 bucks, worked, ripped it apart, probed it, then connected it to a yamaha mp3 chip. there's likely to be a stepper motor interface and some way of telling where the read head is, it's rather simple.

has schematics, for free, of the older versions of their hardware, it should do what you want, or at least give you an idea of what you need, a logic analyser.

jim dorey

are you familiar with hul7211

i believe it is a panasonic hologram unit.

but they only have hul7001.

are they similar? cant be right? where can i get a datasheet of the hul7211

Reply to
mikelim

okee, i'm ready to answer, but only cause i'm about to fall asleep, maybe it's a different version with a slightly diferent packagine method. could be the signals are the same, timing the same, but maybe even the colour would give it a different number, look in the ordering section of the datasheet for the one you can find, it may tell you.

jim dorey