Capacitor networks/arrays

I remember years ago being able to get 14 and 16 pin DIP package capacitors. Right now I'm trying to find some .01mfd 14 or 16 pin DIP capacitor networks that are non-bussed. Any ideas who even makes these anymore? I see a lot of surface mount stuff, but no hole thru parts. Thanks, Mike

Reply to
mlawson

:I remember years ago being able to get 14 and 16 pin DIP package :capacitors. Right now I'm trying to find some .01mfd 14 or 16 pin DIP :capacitor networks that are non-bussed. Any ideas who even makes these :anymore? I see a lot of surface mount stuff, but no hole thru parts. :Thanks, Mike

Mike, I don't think these items ever became popular due to their high cost and the manual labour to fit them. This was particularly so as pcb population became automated. It was far cheaper and easier to spread monolithic caps (either thru-hole or smd) than to use dedicated decoupling packages for IC's.

Having said that I still have a small stock (around 25 - 30) each of 14 pin 20nF and 16 and 20 pin 30nF units. Trouble is I am in Australia and postage would be an expense.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Bourns et al made these but as you point out they are made completely irrelevant by SMD.

There is an outfit called "Reliable Electronics" that takes individual components and bends, pins, and pots them to make SIP and DIP arrays... but I think they do this mostly as a last gasp for old designs using through-hole parts. Take a look at their website to see how straightforward the process is.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa