bipolar semiconductor database

Trying to drum up some interest in bipolar transistor database.

Have been proof-reading the contents for some time now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item30%0750687460

Not completely finished, but trying to drum up some interest.

For those interested, there's an un-proofed list of SMD designators
(well, the bipolar transistor lines are 85% checked) there too.

RL

Re: bipolar semiconductor database
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 09:03:33 -0500, legg

I'd simply support the work even if I never used it. But I
may, too. Order is completed. Looking forward to seeing it.

Jon

Re: bipolar semiconductor database
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 06:54:35 -0700, Jon Kirwan

Thanks for the support. It's not a total waste - The old Towers
publication, for example, was roughly 20,000 lines. The tehnomagazin
website provides roughly 35,000 lines (seems to be propagated in
spreadsheet format, as well). Most others require some kind of
subscription and as near as I can make out; all could do with a sober
second look at the actual data provided.

RL

Re: bipolar semiconductor database

I've bought in too. Looks promising and if one can sort the columns then
you can find your own substitutes more easily.

John :-#)#

Re: bipolar semiconductor database

It's beyond my savvy, at the moment, to get the PDF printer to accept
the header row of the spreadsheet as a start on each new page. I'm
sure it must be possible, somehow (but I'm prepared to be
disappointed).

I've also seen an interesting trick where the header row hovers on the
spreadsheet display.

As is, it's impossible for me to forget the column row function. It's
the sort of thing that you end up dreaming that you're doing in your
sleep, pixelation and all. Do (did....) real books do that?

Frigging compeeyudahs.

RL

Re: bipolar semiconductor database

Actually there was a real book that did (somewhat) sort by various
parameters - called the TRANSISTOR D.A.T.A. Book and put out by D.A.T.A.
Inc. I have edition 46 (Obsolete after August 1979) which is a big help
in finding subs for old transistors...23,899 types in that edition.

I guess you aren't too interested in sharing the spreadsheet...(ducking).

John :-#)#

Re: bipolar semiconductor database
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 12:10:30 -0700, John Robertson

If he does, I can send it out to a PDF with headings, I
think. Pretty sure, anyway.

Jon

Re: bipolar semiconductor database

Depends on what kind of assistance you're able to offer, with headings
and other features.

RL

Re: bipolar semiconductor database

Most of the typographical errors I have noted seem to originate from a
bad OCR of T.D.Towers 1980 edition (update#2).

The 37th edition of D.A.T.A. (35Meg - use 'save as') is available at:

http://www.adret-electronique.fr/documentations/transistors /

RL

Re: bipolar semiconductor database

DATA listed higher power by package derating first. I always thought
that was a bit cheaky. If you've got Pd at Tc already, and a Tj max,
what's the point?

Is there a more useful second format?

-separate polarity
-group power
-group by package
-list by Ft then wattage
-list by wattage then ft

No reason why it shouldn't be useful.

RL

Re: bipolar semiconductor database
   Bipolar? With or without medication?

Re: bipolar semiconductor database

   You get E-C shorts when they aren't medicated.

Re: bipolar semiconductor database
On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 01:03:00 -0700, Robert Baer

Actually, it also includes MULTIPLE bipolar types, and integration of
the simplest kind, like 'digital' transistors, cascode and
differential pairs, mirrors, multiple base or emitter,
diode-transistor pairs and elementary power modules. Descriptors can
get kind of unruly.

Sometimes it gets really loud in the room, when they're all talking at
once.

RL

bipolar semiconductor database 02

Not enough interest: so here's the working spreadsheet.

http://tinyurl.com/cjuxj3m

RL

Re: bipolar semiconductor database 02

And again:

http://tinyurl.com/ad2qw3n

Sales so far = 0

RL

Re: bipolar semiconductor database 02

Prompted by another thread - how about some bootleg VBIC models? The
manufacturers won't publish VBIC parameters, but those that can't be
gleaned from Gummel-Poon could be measured on real devices ...

This could be your unique selling point.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: bipolar semiconductor database 02
On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 16:26:31 -0800 (PST), Bill Sloman

The unique selling points, at this time, are that the data is
proof-read and in user-configurable spreadsheet format.

Adding one single column of new data presents an enormous commitment
of user input and research time, for the current 65000 line entries.

Would be better to start from scratch, using a database derived from
spice models or similar - something I've already got on the go and
easy for anyone to whip up. Very low line count.........

RL

Re: bipolar semiconductor database 02

I bought a copy from your first auction...

John :-#)#

Re: bipolar semiconductor database 02

The pdf version. Your spreadsheet version is in the mail.

RL

Re: bipolar semiconductor database 02

How about having a 7 day Black Friday sale, say $10. I'll buy one, and
FWIW
I can put a link on my website. I have print copies of two of the
Motorola
semiconductor listings from about 1975-1980 that go back to the 1N34 and

2N107 but a spreadsheet version would be nice. I have a folder with PDF
spec
sheets of various popular components that is very useful but I don't
think I
could legally sell it or even offer it as an on-line resource because of

copyright issues.

As a sample, here is how I have these PDFs organized:
http://enginuitysystems.com/components/

My components folder is 566 MB with over 1100 files.

I appreciate how much work you have put into your database. Good luck.

Paul

Site Timeline