Bi-color red/green LEDs

Is it just me, or do most red/green bi-color LEDs seem to have the "red" set at a wavelength that's really more of an orange than a nice, deep, saturated red?

I do the usual trick of mixing the two in various ratios, and it's often difficult to get a nice yellow as a result; most of the time you go from orange to yellow-green without really stoping at a good yellow.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Yeah, look at the wavelength in nm.

If you're really picky, get yourself RGB LEDs and pick your own colors.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany