Bell tone generator IC ?

Can any reader suggest a bell or chime tone generator IC that's presently available retail? In the past I've used parts like the SAB0600 - 8 pin DIP, hooks up directly to an 8 ohm loudspeaker, only requires a couple of external Rs and Cs, generates a really nice sounding three tone chime - but they all seem to have disappeared.

Yes, you can make some nice bell tone generators with a handful of opamps and an LM386, but that takes a lot of discrete parts and ICs and I only have enough board space for one more DIP.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
bob