AD SSM 2000: Documentation Eval Board?

Attention: fup2!

Dear experts,

A "few" years ago Analog Devices launched SSM 2000 "Hush", a noise
reduction IC. Together with it they offered an evaluation board of
which I have schematic and circuit description but can't find
component placement plan and the board's layout which is difficult to
reverse engineer because the solder mask is black and absolutely opaque.

It would be great if somebody here could provide these searched for
documents.

TIA

Reinhard

Re: AD SSM 2000: Documentation Eval Board?

Why do you care?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
Re: AD SSM 2000: Documentation Eval Board?
Phil Hobbs schrieb:

[...]

I'm trying to de-noise old tape recordings of performances of an
amateur choir before burning them on CD. Of course I've tried that
with digital audio software but in my impression/experience there are
always audible artifacts after software de-noising, especially at low
audio levels.

So I'd like to try it the analog way. HUSH is said to work even with
Dolby compressed recordings. In the circuit description they show a
small additional circuit for optimizing level matching which has to
be integrated in the circuit of the eval board. For that purpose I'm
searching for layout and component placement plan.

Best regards

Reinhard

Re: AD SSM 2000: Documentation Eval Board?

Ah, okay, understood.  If you can scrounge up a NIR filter that passes,
say, wavelengths longer than 750 nm, and use an incandescent light
source and a camera, you might be able to see the traces through the
black mask, assuming that it's coloured by organic dye and not carbon black.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs