2 line LCD display from HP 4100 printer

I found a display from a HP printer, and have been wondering if I could use it for displaying some text for a project.

It's a 2line LCD display with backlight.

The PCB is marked S-11812D, made in japan GCMK-G3X

the only connector is a 20-pin connector with a label marked 0X21088C

anyone got an idea/datasheet or a tip as to where i might get more info, I'd appreciate it.

Reply to
JoSSte

JoSSte wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

20 pins suggests it has a driver IC on board. Try to identify it if you can, but also look for any of the standard types of 2-line display, it's probably one of them.
Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

...and a large number of them follow a 'standard' pinout.

--
Graham W   http://www.gcw.org.uk/ XP1800+ Page added, Graphics Tutorial
WIMBORNE   http://www.wessex-astro.org.uk/ Wessex Astro Society's Website

JoSSte wrote in news:1184194018.883910.209020 @g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

What chips are on it?

Search for "Hitachi HD447800", which is the old workhorse standard chip for such dot-matrix LCD displays, and typically use one of a couple pinouts.

My NEC printer had one.As did a Toshiba fax machine, and a couple keypad doohickeys I bought surplus, and at last one junk cell-phone around here has one.

Reply to
Gary Tait

Look up hitach 44780 LCD displays though they used 16 pins (14 pins for LCD and 2 for backlight)

Reply to
Impmon

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:46:58 -0000, JoSSte put finger to keyboard and composed:

Is this it?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar