Wanting to upgrade past Protel Client 3.5

Hi all,

I'm running Protel Client 3.5. That's circa -- what? 1996? It's clunky, it's old, it's . . . well, it's paid for. I've used it and earlier versions of it for a long time.The kind of work I do -- schematic capture and board layout of large analog boards -- doesn't really require anything much more modern. DXP would be silly. But if anyone has a legal copy of something a little newer than 3.5 that they can legally sell and which 3.5 will upgrade to please drop me a note.

Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR
Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Why not call up Protel? They were offering 99SE for $A995 just recently.

Reply to
Andrew Tweddle

They were? I didn't know that. Every time I've called Protel they simply pitch me the latest version for thousands of dollars. I've explained to them that the latest is not necessary, but that's all the fellows ever seem to have the shelf to sell. Who's good at Protel in the US I can call?

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
KG6RCR
Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

I talk occasionally with Craig Rose in Australia, don't know any of the American staff.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Tweddle

Thanks, Andrew. I reckon no one has a good Sales contact at the US distributor for Protel. It's London to a brick on that the promotion you spoke of was not available here in the states anyway.