Using Spice models in SwitcherCad: help

Hallo, I'm a student and I've a problem using Spice models into SwitcherCad. I downloaded the models from Internet, but I'm not sure I used those correctly since the simulation results are unreliable.

Can someone explain to me how to insert/put spice models into SwitcherCad? Or the rason for which a Spice model downloaded fron Internet cause many errors and/or give unrealiable resultrs.

Thanks! Oriarso.

Reply to
Oriarso

Spice models are pretty standard for all flavors of Spice.

What does "simulation results are unreliable" mean? That usually implies ESTO (equipment smarter than operator :-)

...Jim Thompson

Probably because they use very different models and a spice model for a transistor may look like a bizarre collection of sources, admittances, and susceptances.

--
JosephKK
Reply to

Your reply indicates that this is a version of Spice. Further reading of this ng verifies it. (hey i just started here tonight.) Since all the versions of Spice i know of are derived from Berkeley (BSD) Spice. This explicitly includes Pspice, Hspice, Isspice, ngspice and many others. Similarly all of the secondary vendors have proprietary extensions which they merge with their favorite improvements from BSD. So i was in error as SwitcherCad (LTspice) is derived from BSD spice, and should have compatible device model formats (especially the subcircuit variety, binary versions may be expected to have problems though {big endian vs little endian, string formats, binary float formats and widths, etc}).

--
JosephKK
Reply to

Hello Joseph,

I have seen this evening that you jumped into many SPICE questions.

Oriarso has asked as adviced in the Yahoo group and has got a comprehensive answer.

LTspice has become the most widely used SPICE in many areas because it's very fast, very stable, very compatible to PSPICE syntax and everybody can afford it. LTspice and SwitcherCAD is the same program.

It's free. It's not a only a demo version. It's a full blown SPICE simulator.

You can run it with thousands components when you need that.

There is a powerful LTspice user group with nearly 4000 members. The author of LTspice also answers question in this group.

There are also hundred of ciruit examples for simulation available from the Files section of this group.

Best regards, Helmut

Moderator of the mentioned group

"JosephKK" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OZD7f.9239$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net...

Reply to