through hole on PCB being represented on the schematic

Does anyone know how to insert a symbol that connects to an i/o pinout (which also compiles to a single through-hole pinout) on the schematic editor in Altium Designer 6? Thanks.

Reply to
ssylee

Do you mean you want a 1 pin component on schematic to represent a pad with plated hole on the board?

I made a schematic part with a single pin - possibly I just placed a pin-with-circle in the sch library editor. In the PCB library, I mad a component consisting of a single pad, and used that as the footprint for the one-pin schematic part.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

Use a testpoint in schematic and pcb library. Result is 1 pad pth.

Reply to
TT_Man

Surely it is irrelevant at schematic stage ?

Its only when you get to the PCB stage that its important. The component yo uare using should have multi layer pads.

Marra

Those are quite the monster resistor symbols you have there!

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Joel Koltner wrote:

For those with a curiosity about this vendor "Marra" (aka Wrighty aka Nigel Wright aka nigelwright7557 aka ianbowskill2), lately, his spamming has become a more cunning stunt but, in fact, he only shows up to spam and he is still astroturfing

...and his ethics were clearly displayed long ago.

**KNOW YOUR VENDOR**
*-pictures.of-his-ass+Yahoogroup+zz+nigelwright7557+ianbowskill2+*-did-the-same-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*+*-*-guess-how-he'd-respond-to-a-bug-report-or-request-for-assistance-*-*-*+*-*-*-*-unaffilliated-*-*+spammed
Reply to
JeffM

You guys are funny! I almost commented, "It takes a computer to create such god awful ugly schematics?" I thought I had seen some ugly schematics come out of CAD systems (PADs Logic comes to mind right off the top of my head) but I have a new Hall of Flame entry now.

-- Sincerely, Brad Velander.

Reply to
Brad Velander

I like plenty of room to add resistor value and wattage ! A simple value is meaningless.

Marra

I like the schematics, very clean and plenty opf room for adding extra information.

Marra