SPICE for Mac OS X?

Hello.

Is there any circuit simulator/schematics drawing program that works on Mac OS X?

[]s
--
Chaos Master®, posting from somewhere near Porto Alegre, Brazil.
"It\'s not what it seems, not what you think. No, I must be dreaming."

Have you checked on versiontracker or macupdate?

MacSpice and MI-Sugar are likely candidates for simulation. Sugar has some basic schematic entry tools, and can run gnucap as an alternative to the spice engine.

If you are looking more towards PCB production, then take a look at OsmondPCB. (they have a yahoo discussion forum that should help get you oriented for schematic capture, etc...

)

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Hills

Capilano has DesignWorks which has a simulator (optional). They partner with Douglas Engineering who has a CAD layout program and Douglas can even do a proto-board for you from the raw layout files. Both run on X and work quite well for what I do. The Gerber I generated did have to have a manual touch up in the PC program that my companies board maker used but even that was only about three feedthrough holes.

Reply to
Ray Curry

Guys, I believe that the BeigeBag SPICE (with included schematic capture,etc.) has a MAC version. I've been running their Windows version for a few years now and am very happy with it. The web site is

--davez

Reply to
<pegdavez

Chaos,

I've seen LTspice run on a virtual PC on a 1GHz Mac G4. It was running at about 2/3 the speed of my 1.5GHz Centrino notebook, so it's definitely a viable way of doing simulations and probably faster than native OS X Mac SPICE programs.

--Mike

Reply to
Mike Engelhardt

They don't have a MacOSX version that I know of.

MI-Sugar is pretty similar to the old B2Spice that I had seen some years ago.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Hills

Mike Engelhardt [ snipped-for-privacy@spam.org] wrote to us:

Also an option. I am mainly interested in knowing what options are available for OS X... because I have friends that are interested in Mac (for graphics work) and they're also electronics software users.

[]s
--
Chaos Master®, posting from somewhere near Porto Alegre, Brazil.
"It\'s not what it seems, not what you think. No, I must be dreaming."
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chaos Master

If they want spice (as opposed to schematic capture) MacSpice is at:

Charles

Reply to
Charles DH Williams

Isn't Charles DH Williams missing?

I know MacSPICE.

SPICE is useful, but about schematic capture is also.

--
Chaos Master®, posting from somewhere near Porto Alegre, Brazil.
"It\'s not what it seems, not what you think. No, I must be dreaming."
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chaos Master

In sci.electronics.cad Chaos Master wrote: : I know MacSPICE.

: SPICE is useful, but about schematic capture is also.

If you can handle a CLI-based SPICE, but also want schematic capture, the gEDA suite has been ported to OSX. Fink packages are available at:

As for SPICE itself, well, there's MacSPICE, or you could download the latest ngspice and try compiling it using gcc on the Mac. I haven't heard anybody do that, but Linux stuff ports to OSX pretty easily.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Brorson