SIMetrix help needed... 'Illegal Device' when using digital models

I have SIMetrix Intro 4.5.

Suddenly, SIMetrix won't let me use a digital device or a block like Laplace function. It will tell me that the device is an illegal device.

The error is like:

A$xx [PIN NAMES] [MODEL NAME]

***ERROR***: Illegal device

Q: What can be causing this problem?

[]s
--
Chaos Master®, posting from Canoas, Brazil - 29.55° S / 51.11° W

"People told me I can\'t dress like a fairy.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chaos Master

Without more information, I don't know how much I can help. Are you placing on the schematic 'from model library', or 'from symbol library'?; are you using your own symbols/devices?; have you edited any of the properties, particularly the 'model' one? - some digital devices are subckts, which are referenced as 'X$xx' rather than 'A$xx'. I generally find the documentation sufficiently good to solve most of my problems - you just have to read diligently! Can you give more info or post a specific example? Failing that, you could try their support direct - John Warner is very good, and if he's not too busy may even help despite the fact you only have the 'intro' version.

Tim

Tim Stinchcombe
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Stinchcombe

Tim Stinchcombe stated:

Just found the reason. I had loaded a "broken" SPICE model library, which caused this.

Looks like the library redefined a few part names.

[]s