Recommend a simple CAD ??

Hi, Can anyone recommend a fairly simple CAD program that I can use to draw basic circuits. I just want to be able to 'grab' various components like resistors, capacitors, leds, relays etc and wire them together.

Any help would be much appreciated as I have very little experience of CAD.

-------------= Posted from Ugroups.com =-------------

---= Fast & Free Web Portal to Usenet Newsgroups =---

-------------=

=-------------

Reply to
paulo

Real Programmers Do things like this.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jamie

The included library has a number of "standard" parts, or you can use vias to make new ones. Then you just draw lines where you want copper.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

You can download the PSpice student edition here:

It limits the number of components for simulation. I think the schematics are limited to a single page. There are also libraries available for download. This is a windows only program.

Another option is the gEDA project which is a complete set of open source tools that run on Linux:

This may be a little more difficult to get going, but is a pretty good toolset. The libraries are growing.

Reply to
kovalcik

also

"paulo" a écrit dans le message de news: 1171818827 snipped-for-privacy@sp6iad.superfeed.net...

Reply to
jfk1948

Hi,

I have once used Proteus (ARES) during my thesis studies. It is one of the easiest and efficient tool for drawing schematic and PCBs. If you can find one from somewhere use that.

Engin

Reply to
engcif

There are many. For a list of some of them, check out:

HTH... -f

Reply to
Frank Miles

An important part of Bottom-posting is TRIMMING ANYTHING NON-ESSENTIAL. If you are leaving in an ad from the previous poster's provider, YOU HAVEN'T TRIMMED ENOUGH.

Reply to
JeffM