Punch-down Block Wire Gauge

What is the standard wire gauge used for telephone style punch-down blocks? I'm guessing #22 solid, but I have nothing that small on hand ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

The standard 25 pair 66 punch block should handle #22 through #26 gauge solid with #24 gauge being the norm.

Reply to
flipper

As I recall, 24 and 26awg are more standard.

What type of block is it? Type 66? 110?

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to

OnQ/Legrand modules ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Cat 5 cable works -- you don't have any of that? Or "telephone cable" with solid conductors?

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Jim, I always used #22 solid in the CO, but I don't know for sure out in the field...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Sheeesh! I should have thought of that. I have about 100' of CAT5 left over from wiring the house. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Then you can check it and see that it's 24 awg. :)

So is CAT3 "telephone cable".

Yep.

zero, and remove the last word.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

On a "sled" without runners ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

The only problem with this 'downhill' stuff is there's a cliff at the end of it.

Reply to
flipper

Don't forget the front mounted machine gun! :)

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Michael, You were in Alaska. Did you ever see one of those troop carriers that had skies in place of the front wheels, and half-tracks in back? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

No, but I wasn't in the field. I worked in a TV station, and the roads on base were covered with pck ice, made by using a road grader on the fresh snow. They would have been used at Ft. Richardson or Ft. Wainwright, the two large army bases. We only hat two companies at Ft. Greely. Research & Support. 'Headquarters Command' company was support, which included the Radio & TV station where I was an engineer.