PSpice: Display and set simulator options in the schematic (Capture)

Hi.

According to...

"Flip-flops are set to a value dictated by the value of DIGINITSTATE, which is set from the Global Settings menu, or by a .OPTIONS DIGINITSTATE= command somewhere in the circuit."

... it should be possible to display and set options within schematics. Especially for documentation I would like to do that.

But it does not work in PSpice/OrCAD 16. I have put a text string ".OPTIONS DIGINITSTATE=1" into the Capture schematic but the string is not copied into the .sim file as (which instructs the spice simulator)...

I also didn't really expect that entering simulator options as text strings would work. And the PDF above is about Micro-Cap 6...

Does anyone know a solution for PSpice/Capture to set (and display) simulator option within the schematics?

Regards, Norbert N.

Reply to
norbert.notz

Don't know about Capture, but in PSpice Schematics you _could_ simply make a options PART and make its template as you describe. I have my own PARAM part that handles a large list. Also "MyLib" allows a check mark to turn library calls on and off.

Charlie E can tell us if this works in Capture.

You could also put that text line inside a file that's called by .INCLUDE

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Hi Jim, Both work in Capture. IIRC, there is also an option file that you can put things in, to set up 'wild and crazy' options for the simulator.

the DIGINITSTATE is what is set in the options (1,0,X) so you don't usually have to put that in as an include file. IIRC, you can set up each FF with an IC value as well.

Charlie Edmondson Engineering Inc.

Reply to
Charlie E.