"PSPICE COM Wrapper Error has Occured"

I have gotten this error a number of times using the new OrCad version

10.5 (Actually, it is the rule rather than the exception). Usually after a few simulations of any given circuit (can be a very simple circuit), this error takes place. Generally, I must close everything, kill-off all of the pspice engines in memory and restart the application. This works, but within a few simulations, we return to the old problem.

It appears that the PSPICE application cannot (for some strange reason) generate a circuit netlist from the open Capture application, hence the "look into the session log" dialog and finally upon closing everything, I get the "wrapper error" message.

What's happening?

Reply to
cstocci

Ehhh? What is this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ?

Are you trying to run multiple instances of PSpice?

Charlie Edmondson... any bugs in 10.5? I haven't installed my copy yet... I always wait for a lull in work ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Sorry Jim, Have been moving to Borrego for the last week, and finally got internet access yesterday afternoon. Just starting to catch up...

The PSpice COM wrapper errors means he is having a problem with communications between the various components of the software. Typically, this can be a registry problem, or some other mysterious error in the operating system. The different parts can't find each other. One of those 'reinstall the software' types of problems... 8-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

Charlie, I got this reply back from Reema Divatia in support...

"The problem you have mentioned in your email regarding the simulation error is something that can be caused if the user has multiple versions on the system or he still has old version entries in the environment variables and registry. This happens only with Capture and not with PSpice Schematics."

Is Nikhil on vacation or gone from the scene? Haven't heard from him in several weeks though my questions were addressed to him. I hope it's just vacation, he's a good man... of course, maybe that's why he might be gone ;-)

...Jim Thompson

version

everything,

reason)

the

everything,

Have been moving to Borrego for the last week, and finally got internet access yesterday afternoon. Just starting to catch up...

The PSpice COM wrapper errors means he is having a problem with communications between the various components of the software. Typically, this can be a registry problem, or some other mysterious error in the operating system. The different parts can't find each other. One of those 'reinstall the software' types of problems... 8-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

He should still be around, as I haven't heard of any changes over there. Might just be getting a little vacation time in!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

Reply to
Manny_EMA

Thanks for the great feekback on Nik!

He is indeed too valuable to lose much less let go on vacation! I have him on a special project and I promise to let him respond to this forum as his time permits.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding the Cadence OrCAD product line.

I appreciate your support.

Manny Marcano President EMA Design Automation

Reply to
Manny_EMA