Please help with Altium compiler error message

Hello, All!

I'm trying (again) to pick up with Altium. After some extensive library creation (I need wider footprints than what was given, and I've created new symbols), I decided it was time to move forward.

Taking up the Multivibrator Project in "Getting Started.pdf", I drew the schematic using my schematic symbols and linking with my footprints, but otherwise following the instructions.

After I compiled the project I did a View >> Workspace Panels >> System >>

Messages, and got whalloped with twenty errors about the four resistors, as follows:

Extra Pin R1-1 in Normal of part of R1 Extra Pin R1-2 in Normal of part of R1 Extra Pin R1-1 (Inferred) in Alternate 1 of part of R1 Extra Pin R1-2 (Inferred) in Alternate 1 of part of R1 Extra Pin R1-3 (Inferred) in Alternate 1 of part of R1

The messages repeat for each of the other three resistors. I am unable to understand the message meaning because I don't know what is meant by 'Normal' and 'Alternate'. I think that the reference to pin-3 of what should be a two pin device is probably a clue, but I am still baffled.

I tried linking to a different footprint and got the same errors, so it looks like my "RES" symbol is the problem.

Can somebody please help me with this before I have to eradicate my "RES"? Thank you!!

With best regards, Brett Holden. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@bellsoh.net ut fits in there before h.net

Reply to
Brett Holden