PID Ziegler-Nichols - Second Method

People,

I am doing my undergraduate thesis about a electronic throttle control, and i am trying to tunning this using a PID controller and the second method.

The books always says we must keep increasing the gain until the system output oscilllate. But if i keep increasing the gain without change my reference in my system it just doesn't oscillate.

if i change the reference like square wave and than keep incresing the gain, this will start to oscillate and than i can measure the periode and the gain critical.

Do you know if that's all right? because the books does't say o have to change the reference or you can change the reference.

Thank you, Maur=EDcio Mendes

Reply to
Mauricio Mendes

This is a simulation rather than a prototype, right?

So if your simulation has exactly two poles, the overshoot will get arbitrarily bad as you turn up the gain, but it'll never actually oscillate.

Hint: Try measuring a real system and making a more realistic model.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs