P-cad 2004 library for PCI bus edge connector

I'm looking for P-cad 2004 library for PCI bus edge connector.

SioL

Reply to
SioL

Don't both looking for an import library. Instead find the part you want to use and create the component yourself. You will need to draw the symbol and land patterns in the editors, but it isn't too difficult. If you are unsure of how to do this, look in the PCAD tutorials which will take you through the process step by step.

Even if you were to find one in a library provided for you, you would still need to go through most of the work involved in creating it just to verify that what you received is accurate.

Reply to
Noway2

This is a recurring topic.

Generally speaking, you should make your own parts and footprints (and I am therefore thoroughly endorsing NoWay's post) for many reasons.

Apart from the noted issues, there is no library part that is 'standard' in the sense of the varying requirements of PCB manufacturers, and you'll need to be able to adjust your footprints for them anyway.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

I did that years ago in old Tango PCB, but its not "perfect". Now that I'm polishing up my PCi board and preparing for gold plating etc I want to do it properly. Takes quite a while to draw that thing. Its not like drawing a resistor.

SioL

Reply to
SioL

It shouldn't be too bad in PCAD. Start by drawing the pin (pad on the edge connector) that will be the exposed or plated copper. You can then do a "copy matrix" to create an array of them at the exact pad - pad spacing for the connector. You can also copy it or mirror it to the bottom side ("move to layer") to create those pads too. Drawing one pad and then copying it to the other locations will probably be a lot more accurate than trying to draw the whole thing, not to mention quicker. Once you have it drawn, set your snap to a very small scale and measure from pad edge to pad edge, etc to verify the spacing.

Reply to
Noway2