OT: Firefox... Go Back a Version

Firefox v27.0.1 has "issues" with older SSL certificates.

How does one go back one or more versions? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Tom Biasi

Hello, and while I can't offer any specific remedies, you may want to keep in mind that Firefox (and other browsers) are constantly being hacked to find holes. With the browser online and connected to the WWW you're running a big risk with an older version. The Mozilla folks are pretty expeditious at plugging these holes once identified IMO. So it's a good idea to manually or automatically keep that browser updated. Your SSL problem doesn't appear unique and I'm betting there's a work around. Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood	            e-mail: arl_123234@hotmail.com
Reply to

I opt for Chrome in most cases. It's typically faster and more compatible. YMMV. I'm also on a Mac, so that may make the difference.

Reply to
Daniel Pitts

Ever since FF26 I've found myself using Google Chrome more than ever. FF27.0.1 pukes on my routers security cert, while Chrome gives me the option to load the page anyhow.

If you really want to have fun run the HTML5 compatibility test againg FF. It scores around 500 - while Chrome score 551 or more.

Microsoft broke everything when they made Windows 7.

Martin Riddle

Really? That's not been my experience. Win 7 has been the best MS Win version to date for me. I have 11 copies of Win 7 64 Bit and 2 copies of Win 7 32 bit on various desktops and laptops and I don't have NEARLY the headaches I've had with past versions. The last time one of my kids had a problem with their laptop, it was because she dropped it and cracked the LCD.

Reply to
WangoTango

I am reluctant to load Chrome onto any of my machines as I assume that Google has us 'paying' for the 'free' browser by mining all our data so they can adverstise and build a better personal profile.

Not to mention that the parent company is located in the USA so that US law applies to all the data that passes through it...

Sorry, I just don't trust Big Brother that much.

John :-#(#

John's  Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Robertson

Win 7 is fixable if you use Classic Shell and Agent Ransack along with about an hour of fiddling to make things right. XP was probably the best, Explorer is really broken in 7. Try Win8, that's a really bad user interface!

Reply to
qrk

I'm still using XP ;-) Went back a version on Firefox to "cure" the issue. Now refusing updates until they fix the issue. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature