OT: Adobe Acrobat

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro v7

Too complicated to use ;-)

Anyone know how to paste a scan of a signature into an existing PDF document?

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

Open your document, then use Document - Add Watermark or Background - and select the file. You can vary the size, position, and page on which it appears. I know you can load a pdf or jpg file as the background; don't know what other file types work.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Hmm, I use "PDF creator Pro" it seems to work ok Are you looking for something in the lines of a WaterMark?

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

Thanks! Works like a charm!

...Jim Thompson

Assuming you have the full version, Tools | Commenting | Stamps.

Create a custom stamp from an image of your signature. It will be available to stamp on any document. You can resize it after stamping.

Reply to
nospam

I just learned how to do this last week, adding images from vendor's pdf catalog pages to Spec Control Documents. I also found out how to use Acrobat to crop the original pdf to get just the part I wanted. Note- this doesn't work on "protected" pdf files.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Of course they are. How else can they continue being fatheads without a steady supply of LARD?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

...Jim Thompson

Belching smoke on a new bus is probable cause to have it stopped and inspected for using #2 oil instead of diesel. If any of the rest of us would do that, we get slapped with a hefty fine for tax evasion (fuel taxes). #2 heating oil is exempted from most taxes but motor fuel is taxed heavily. School busses get by without being stopped for smog emissions as the officials seem to look the other way...

Reply to
Oppie

Here's some data that I found in a newspaper about 5 years ago:

Lawyers per 100,000

USA 307 NZ 174 UK 107 Germany 88 Japan 12

One of the better lawyer jokes:

Q How many lawyers does it take to grease a combine? A Only one if you run him through slowly!

Barry

Reply to
Barry Lennox

What's black and tan and looks good on a lawyer.... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . A Doberman ;-)

I have a ton of lawyer jokes... one of my sons-in-law is a prosecutor.

...Jim Thompson

Until you get one of your signature PDFs out there in the wild. Then cut and paste by the authorized user is indistinguishable from that of the forger.

During the next two hours, the system will be going up and down several
times, often with lin~po_~{po ~poz~ppo\\~{ o n~po_~{o[po  ~y oodsou>#w4ko
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

That assumes good key management. In particular, that no box that holds the private key has ever been trojaned.

--
These are my opinions, not necessarily my employer\'s.  I hate spam.
Reply to

That's what I meant. What would prevent someone from taking your pasted signature from a document and paste it into another document that has been modified so it is a tad more to the liking of the big chief?

So far all my clients have insisted on a mailed document with some real ink on there. And so do I.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Now that sounds like lowest price and really old, out of date, contract requirements. Some government agencies respond to being forced to use lowest bid price contracting, by using "guilding the lily" type requirements / specifications. Some other agencies just put up with crap purchases. Others do other things.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

Many of them (Thomas brand) look like they can't be older than a few years. Yet they belch plumes of soot. The drill here is: If you just washed your car and a school bus approaches an intersection before you, stop and pretend you have to wait for someone. Until it's gone.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

It might be interesting to call your school management types and see if they have a good story. Then call the pollution people and see what they say.

--
These are my opinions, not necessarily my employer\'s.  I hate spam.
Reply to
Hal Murray

Does that include tiny particulate junk? I haven't been following closely, but I think that's the main reason for going after diesels.

--
These are my opinions, not necessarily my employer\'s.  I hate spam.
Reply to
Hal Murray

any

wise

There is no particulate matter out of these computer controlled, catalytic converter'd diesels... They are clean, and odor free.

When the contract came up for our area to replace transit buses, the competition was between the CNG, and the clean diesels. The CNG won because of the bad reputation diesels have for pollution. The CNG were more expensive, higher priced per mile, less reliable, had more risk of explosion, required the county to construct expensive filling stations, and put out more pollution, but still won.

Appearance is everything.

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris

If its got to be electronic, you can do an MD5 digest on the document and send that in an e-mail signed with PGP or something similar.

It\'s easier said than done.
... and if you don\'t believe it, try proving that it\'s easier done than
said, and you\'ll see that it\'s easier said that `it\'s easier done than
said\' than it is done, which really proves that it\'s easier said than
done.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.