IVEX WinBoard for XP

Is anyone else trying to use IVEX WinBoard for XP?

I am a registered WinBoard user and have been using WinBoard v2.25 with Windows 2000 for some time. I just moved to XP and want to use WinBoard there; however, WinBoard 2.25 does NOT open in Windows XP so I was forced to move up to version 2.27X. Now WinBoard opens and runs but there is a VERY annoying bug. The opening logo screen is ALWAYS on the screen (behind the WinBoard active window) and remains on the screen even when WinBoard is minimized. It covers up all icons on the desktop unless I press the "show desktop" Icon. This is very annoying bug. Anyone know of a fix?

-Craig

Reply to
Craig Johnson

with

2.25

runs

active

desktop

Reply to
ralfe.cookson

Craig Johnson stated:

[PROBLEM: WinBoard doesn't work on Windows XP.]

Try setting Windows 98 compatibility.

--
Chaos Master®, posting from Canoas, Brazil - 29.55° S / 51.11° W

"People told me I can\'t dress like a fairy.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chaos Master

active

For Windows XP you will need version 2.26a. I had the same problem. When I told IVEX about the situation they promptly sent me version 2.26a.

Regards

Paul Camilleri

Reply to
Paul Camilleri

Would you be so kind to describe each and every of those bugs? At least the worst ones, and short description of the others? Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Paul,

I have version 2.27x. It now works with XP but it has the bug I mentioned above. Are you saying version 2.26a does not have the bug?

-Craig

Reply to
Craig Johnson

Sounds like you are very frustrated with IVEX and I certainly understand.

I would move to another CAD program but I have a lot of time and energy invested in developing custom parts for the library. I don't want to start over.

-Craig

Reply to
Craig Johnson

Hello again, Kevin.

Cute response, but I have made a serious life-long commitment to my wife. I have never made a commitment to any software or computer.

-Craig

Reply to
Craig Johnson

Sometimes it really is time to change ones wife, despite prior investment.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

I am using WinBoard Ver 2.27x with XP home and it does exhibit the bub on ,y system.

Ron

Reply to
RonTon

ve

If anyone has the installer for Ver 2.26a or 2.27 I would greatly appreciat e a copy as I lent my boss (foolishly) my only physical media copy, and he informs me he has no idea where it went, aka "I used it for a coffee mug co aster, before playing frizbee with my imaginary friend...."

Reply to
ajofscott