How to Put Different Circuits - with Different Profiles in One Project?

Hello! I am using Capture CIS lite 9.2

I appreciate if anyone can answer my question.

-------------------------------------------------------------------- Do I really have to make a new project

whenever I have to simulate a different circuit

in a different simulation profile

(from the profile of the current project)?

Everytime I draw circuits, the simulation profile(DC sweep) is different.

As I know, different circuits but under the same project file are subject to the same simulation profile(such as same DC sweep values). But I want different simulation profile for each simulations.

Currently I'm creating One project per One circuit. so it's very confusing to switch between circuits.

-1. open the project

-2. click 'xxx.dsn'

-3. click 'shcematic'

-4. click 'page1'

-5. then simulate

Please tell me if there's a way to put different circuits in one project file.but each should have different simulation profile.

Reply to
june

You probably need to use "Word".

Now Charlie's going to be all over my case ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Who? Me?

You probably should make sure that the file created is pure ascii, without all of the format information word likes to insert.

Emacs would be more fun.

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris

Now, why would I do that!

Ok, you can have different pages in the design, and just make the one you want to simulate 'root', and that is the one that simulates.

You can also have an lot of different sim profiles for the same design, so give each one a unique name, and be sure you have that one selected when you simulate that design.

Of course, you are using the 'lite' version, so you can't have enough parts in your design to really be able to have multiple pages, so all this is moot.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

Edmondson

;-)

...Jim Thompson

How committed are you to this crippleware? There are (other free) alternatives:

*-SwitcherCad-*+LTSpice+Linear-Technology+zz-zz+free+add-*-*-models-and-sub-circuits+group-on-Yahoo

*-free-SuperSpice-demo+if-you-use-the-schematic-hierarchy+zzz+30+you-can-*-use-750-components+25+qq-qq+Bang.for.the.buck.means+SuperSpice

JeffM