Help on Choosing a Circuit Simulation Software

You might want to check out SuperSpice,

If you use the hierarchical schematic feature the demo will allow quite a large circuit. That is, 30 top level schematic blocks, times 25 components per block. SS is the easiest spice to use in the known 3 universes. It also has full mixed-mode capability.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

"Sourav Banerjee" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

some

Hello Sourav, my recommendation for you is the SPICE simulator LTSPICE/SwitcherCAD. You can download it from the web on Linear Technology's website. The file size is about 5MB.

There is a link on the left side near the bottom: "SwitcherCAD Download". Follow this link and register for it.

After the installation you will be asked for a web update. Please update immediately to the latest version.

There is a also user group dedicated to LTSPICE/SwitcherCAD:

There are many more SPICE programs, but LTSPICE is without any limitations and it is 98% compatible to PSPICE on the netlist level. It also has good graphical user interface.

Best Regards, Helmut

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald

#disclaimer "Just a satisfied customer."

There are a LOT of Spice apps out there and taking the time (and bandwidth) to sample them is a Good Thing.

One that I've been using for quite a while and would recommend that you look at is from BeigeBag. They have both a free "lite" mixed-mode and a full-but-time-limited version for download.

Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to
Rich Webb

See my notes and links to some 60 ECAD programs at

I use Circuitmaker Pro, but there is a limited free version.

Of those I've tried, the best 'unlimited' free version is SwitcherCAD III from LTSpice, which is widely used and praised in these groups.

Terry Pinnell Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Hi group.

I am a student of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering and I need to use some circuit simulation software for my course. I would like to use some free or student version program for Windows/DOS which are easy to use. My main requirements are analog circuit simulation though a mixed mode simulator will be an added advantage. I use a dial-up connection and hence it would be better if the downloadable file-size is reasonable (

Reply to
Sourav Banerjee

B2 Spice? Mine kept crashing. LTSpice is the only one I use now. It's probably the most highly regarded spice program on this group.

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin\'d." - William Blake, 1793.
Reply to

Well, I haven't taken my own advice and sampled the current crop of Spices; been using B2 Spice for ages. No more crash-prone than any other Windows app and less so than many. YMMV, shake before using, objects in mirror are larger than they appear, etc...

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to