gwave installation problems

I am trying to install gwave and running into linking problems

getting "undefined reference to "sgtk_warp_gtkobj" error.

Any help from those who have installed gwave will be appreciated

Thanks

-rahul

Reply to
rahul

Hi Stuart and Steve I downloaded everything from Stuart's site and was able to compile and run most of the geda suite except for gwave. The problem is with the guile-gtk. This is what I have done.

I downloaded guile-gtk-1.2-0.31.tar.gz in a directory /geda

using ./configure and make all (without making any changes to the configure.in file)

(except for one warning message in function sgtk_gtk_object_query_args_scm

I am able to create the build-guile-gtk-1.2 and libguilegtk-1.2.la library

This was done without installing GTK+ therefore it was able to compile using whatever there was in /usr/local/gtk and /usr/local/gtk-1.2

I am using guile-1.6.4 and have in /usr/local/bin guile guile-config guile-snarf guile-tools

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

-Rahul

Stuart Brors> : I am trying to install gwave and running into linking problems

Reply to
rahul

rahul wrote: : I am trying to install gwave and running into linking problems

Which version of gwave are you trying to install? And onto which kind of Linux box?

The gEDA Install CD should take care of all dependencies for you (in principle). Why don't you download it here:

and then use it to install the entire gEDA Suite? [1] This might fix your gwave problems since the install CD manages the installation for you.

Stuart

[1] The gEDA Suite CD includes gEDA/gaf, pcb, ngspice, Icarus Verilog, GTKWave and gwave (amongst other things), bundled with an install wizard which takes care of the build process for you. It makes the process of installing open-source EDA apps almost painless. Sorry, it works on Linux only, so don't bother to ask about Windoze versions!
Reply to
Stuart Brorson