Free electronics simulation software

"Carl" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

Hello Carl,

First of all LTspice has also built-in mixed mode capability.

I tried now the CircuitLogix simulator. I have to admit that this animation capability of CircuitLogix is a good feature especially for education.

On the other hand I couldn't run any of the benchmark SPICE-circuits with the CircuitLogix program. It always gives the error message: Invalid CIRCUIT path/file name. I tried some examples, e.g. File->Open ".cir" sqrt.cir

(I remaned the SPICE netlist sqrt.sp to sqrt.cir) Maybe you can tell me what I should change to run this example with the CircuitLogix simulator.

Overall LTspice is a much more compatible SPICE simulator. Many of the commercial SPICE simulators don't have this compatilibity. You can take every SPICE book and immediately run the examples with LTspice on a netlist level. I also like the more powerful waveform editor in LTspice. It can easily work with data files having 1Giga-Byte. I reommend LTSpice for people who want SPICE. Not to forgot the many SMPS-models provided with LTspice.

CircuitLogix will have it's place in education because of it's animation capability. I appreciate that it's free for students and not limited as most other student versions of commercial SPICE-simulators. Isn't it the refreshed CircuitMaker program?

Best regards, Helmut

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald

Newsbeitragnews: snipped-for-privacy@n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

sqrt.cirhttp://www.intusoft.com/models/MCNC.zip

LTspice.http://www.linear.com/designtools/leadfree/index.jsp

Hello Helmut,

As much as I would love to comment on CircuitLogix and its Netlist capabilities, I am not going to bother. The rude comments that are posted here and accusations regarding being a shill are completely discouraging and counterproductive to having any useful discussion regarding circuit simulation. It seems that certain people in this discussion group are more interested in bullying than exchanging information.

Please note that I am not including you, Helmut, among this group of small-minded individuals, but it is clear that some people who subscribe to this user group have an agenda regarding what types of information they would like to discuss and they are unwilling to allow any other perspectives to enter the discussion.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Thanks Helmut,

Changing TRTOL to 7 did get rid of the speed difference at least on the SQRT circuit. LTSpice ran it at 101s. Didn't try CShunt. Micro- Cap has CShunt available but not PSpice (at least our version) so wouldn't have a good test across the three simulators. I'm going to guess that TRTOL is the factor for the others also, since we've put a little too much time into testing these. Time to get back to real work.

Alex

Reply to
engr4fun