Cell Phone <=> USB <=> Address Book

My old LG "The V" cell phone finally croaked, so I have a new LG VN251.

I'm looking for _good_ software to talk to the phone for address book management and photo retrieval.

Any recommendations?

I had Susteen Data Pilot, but it balked at accepting a new phone, wants me to "upgrade" :-(

And I rate it marginal at best... it often wouldn't find the phone, requiring another cycle of un-plugging cable, turning-off phone, etc., quite annoying. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

If your new phone has a Wifi option, you don't need to cable tether it, you can do it with in your network at home. That would alleviate the problem with windows being finicky with hardware insertion problems.

You most likely will still need to install some software that is compatible with your phone.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Does your PC/Laptop have BlueTooth? I've had pretty good luck joining my phone and laptop through an app that came with the system (AzureBT from azurewave.com).

It has a file transfer mode that allows me to copy to/from the phone's memory and laptop.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Try 'Mobile Phone tools' It worked with my Moto V3, but LG may be different.

Martin Riddle