Cadsoft Eagle

Hello, I'm at the last stage to open my entreprise, When looking for a CAD software, i took the decision to use Cadsoft Eagle (I've experience with Cadence PSD but i can't investigate in such software now). My question is : Except the difference of the price and the board size between EAGLE Light,EAGLE Standard and EAGLE Professional is there anny fetures supported by EAGLE PRO and wich is not supported in the standard version ?

Reply to
Nico

Hello, I'm at the last stage to open my entreprise, When looking for a CAD software, i took the decision to use Cadsoft Eagle (I've experience with Cadence PSD but i can't investigate in such software now). My question is : Except the difference of the price and the board size between EAGLE Light,EAGLE Standard and EAGLE Professional is there anny fetures supported by EAGLE PRO and wich is not supported in the standard version ?

Reply to
Nico

I assume "Nico" meant: :Are there any features supported by EAGLE PRO :which is not supported in the standard version ?

You can get any level of support you want.

You can purchase the Schematic Editor seperately. This will get you multi-page documents. (The free version supports 1-page documents--really big pages, if you wish.)

You can purchase the Layout Editor seperately. This will get you 16-layer 64" x 64" designs. (The free version supports 2 layers of 80mm x 100mm.)

You can purchase the Autorouter seperately. This will let you autoroute larger designs. (The free version supports 2 layers of 80mm x 100mm.)

You can purchase any combination and add to your licence later if necessary (done by product activation codes).

Initially I paid for the Layout editor and wrote some batch files to swap the registration codes between Freeware (to use the Schematic Editor) and Registered (to make big boards).

Reply to
JeffM

Standard Version Layout Editor can only do 4 (or less) layers up to 160 x 100 mm boards while the Professional Version Layout Editor can do 16 (or less) layers up to 1.6 x 1.6 m boards. Both can handle up to 99 sheets in the Schematic Editor. You also have to decide which modules (Layout Editor, Schematic Editor and Autorouter) you will be needing as they are priced separately in the Standard and Professional versions.

Hope this helps.

--
James T. White
Reply to