4046 LTspice Model

Did anyone ever try out the 74HC4046 vcm model I posted? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Am 27.10.2012 19:11, schrieb Jim Thompson:

Can only speak for me: no.

I can learn nothing from it since it is encrypted, and there is no other incentive to compare it to my 4046 experience. When I use the 4046 it is usually only because of its phase detectors. My VCOs have crystals or they are DDSes (which implies a lack of 4046s, usually.)

Semiconductor makers will ignore your LTspice models, too, because the LT spice license prohibits its use for commercial IC design. I do not expect LT to jump on the

74HC4046 bandwagon.

Just see how Scott Wurzer (works for AD, father of AD797) avoids the the use of LTspice in although the discussion is about making a LTspice model for the BF862 that really works.

Anybody using H-Spice here? Is it worth the money?

regards, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

My intent was to provide a usable model, encrypted to avoid divulging how I did it.

I've actually done that myself for G-job needs, though I now usually just use a 74HC74 plus a 74HC00.

You're right there. The current business model is forcing you to simulate on-line using the part vendor's simulator. You not only don't get to see the model, you can only use the vendor's parts.

I went to that link but am not seeing the BF862 discussion ??

Good simulator, matches everything I've ever done with PSpice perfectly. I don't know the price, my use has been limited to using a customer-provided copy; and I used PSpice Schematics as the schematic entry.

If you're into blowing money, go with Cadence :-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

[snip]

I just realized what you said there. I would HARDLY use LTspice to roll commercial IC designs on LTspice... while it's fast, it's schematic entry is klutzier than that of Cadence Virtuoso.

PSpice is wonderful (and inexpensive) for that. Rather wild that, just almost exactly a year ago, I rolled a complex mixed-signal chip design using PSpice on my Lenovo X61s Notebook, that came out of the foundry last May working perfectly... no tweaks required. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Sometimes the world can be a lonely place. But, I still love you Jim.

Mikek :-)

Reply to
amdx

Just keep the lights on, doors open and hands out in the open please!

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Of course you do, everyone loves me >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Indeed.

Some profess not to, and try to tear you down, but your mettle isn't
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

We'd be better off if he were to securely encrypt all of his posts.

 Click to see the full signature

If you don't mind me asking, where is your post? I am much interested in that spice model. Thanks!

Reply to
simon.geronimo