Latest threads in Electronics Computer-Aided Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Solid ground plane with ORCAD LAYOUT
Hi everyone! I'm having problems with Orcad Layout. I've desgned a PCB for my company and I've sent the GERBER files to the factory. But the factory operator said me that the ground planes I've...
2
2

gEDA gschem: "Write image" resolution
Hello, Just kicked the tires on gschem, to see if I should switch. Since it doesn't look like there will ever be a Windows version I am running it in VirtualBox on an XP machine. Looks pretty good so...
6
6

ViewSonic VA912b Problem
I have two ViewSonic VA912b flat-screen monitors. One has suddenly quit with only a blinking power-indicator LED blinking :-( Anyone experienced this failure? ...Jim Thompson

Removing Symantec/Norton Antivirus
"Jim Thompson" wrote in message news: I dumped Norton a few years ago, tried AVG, now I am using Bitdefender. Bitdefender seems to use less resources and is among to top of the pack. Mcafee was my...
43
43

IPC-2581
I have been discussing the advantages of a common CAD format for all manufacturing data for printed circuit boards. IPC-2581 is a new standard that is being developed for this. Does anyone know much...
33
33

[allegro15.7]import netlist error(ERROR: Property requires a voltage.)
Below is a quote of the log file, include the error part. I'm using spb 15.7 and try to import the netlist.txt file and meet this problem. This netlist was export from a brd file. I don't have the...

How can I stop LTSPice from using the hard drive
Hello Folks, Title says it all. LTSpice constantly grinds on the hard drive, storing raw data and what not. In my case it's all on a LAN drive so this is especially annoying. Plus that will wear it...
29
29

LTSpice: How do make a Schmitt oscillator run?
Ok, simple circuit: Schmitt inverter, 10K resistor from output to input, 1000pF capacitor from input to ground. Vh set to about 20% of Vhigh. Should happily oscillate but I get the error message "Time...
8
8

Cycle Based simulation
What are the various tools available in market that do cycle based simulation?? I know of following two. VCS NCSIm does Mentor Graphics have any?? Does anybody have any idea of new Simulation tool for...

TLV2372 OPAMP MODEL?
Does anyone see any reason why every circuit I try this model in it fails to converge? I tried relaxing the tolerances,increaseing the iteration limit and skipping the DC bias. TLV2372 * BEGIN MODEL...
8
8

Tektronix AFG3021 Waveform file format?
I just got a new Tektronix AFG3021 for serious hobby use today. The included software only has options to generate waveform files from the built-in templates or using a supplied DLL file with MatLAB...

Multiple voltage supply
Hello I am using the PSPice Orcad I have many drivers with the same voltage. Is there a way to do the simulation with only that voltage and use reference point to that voltage instead of using...
2
2

Circuit Maker 2K Pro service Packs or alternate package?
I know the software is off the market but I would like to know if anybody has anything beyond the SP1 service pack. The software has some nasty bugs in a few areas that I use and I am looking for any...
2
2

Gerbv-2.1.0 for Linux released!
Hello! This is to announce the release of gerbv-2.1.0! Gerbv is an open source Gerber file (RS-274X only) viewer for Linux and other unix flavors. Besides viewing Gerbers, you may also view Excellon...

PSpice Logic Levels
Along the lines of the question regarding LTspice logic levels... PSpice has a number of nice digital stimulus "parts", but they kick out _very_fast_ edges at 0-5V logic levels when connected to...