Latest threads in Electronics Computer-Aided Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What to buy?
Noting some HD vibration I think it's time to contemplate what new PC's to purchase ;-) My favorite local clone place has gone belly-up. What are recommendations for a sturdy/speedy machine for Spice...
34
34

Microsoft Strikes Again...
Microsoft Strikes Again... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | Phoenix, Arizona 85048...
3
3

Removing automotive door panels
I've got 2001 pick-em-up truck (Frontier) on which a door lock has failed... can lock/unlock with the key, lock from the interior, but not unlock. I remember such a thing happening years ago on...
12
12

Meat Thermometers
Anyone have a brand of meat thermometer (probe with display external to oven) that lasts more than one turkey season? Seems to be something about the probes getting corrupted. Maybe roll your own?...
11
11

Need a PSpice model for Belden-like 50 ohm Twinax
What a lot of spam on this group!!! Need a PSpice model for 50 ohm Twinax cable To Jim Thompson: Even tables would help like you did for the 36 Awhg wire. Robert
9
9

Closed Captioning
Anyone know where I can find a good specification on closed captioning... Line number(s) Data rates Data levels Location relative to sync tip, etc. Thanks! ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO |...
3
3

full adder
i need simulation a dfull adder in Hspice please help me thnks
1
1

A telephone call from the past...
Just had a telephone call from Ian Getreu, he is re-publishing his classic, "Modeling The Bipolar Transistor ".... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |...

IE Crap
According to Firefox setups, Firefox is set as my default browser. However, apparently due to some XP Pro "updates", if Firefox is not already open, clicking on a link springs forth IE v8 :-( How do I...
34
34

pours under BGAs
I'm final-tweaking an 8-layer board that The Brat laid out. There's one Xilinx Spartan6 FPGA that we use almost all the pins of, and I noticed that its power pours are very cut up. ftp:// Here's the...
20
20

BetaDC versus IC with LTSpice
I want to simulate the dependence of BetaDC on the current collector bias current for a 2N3904, by using LTSpice. So I used a fixed VCE (5V) using a constant voltage source and a DC current source Ib...
3
3

Cadence PDK
Anyone know how to extract _netlists_ from a Cadence PDK. I'm licensed by the foundry to use the PDK, I just don't have the normal layout tools you would use with it. There should be some simple way...
1
1

My current project...
My current project... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | Phoenix, Arizona 85048 Skype:...
12
12

Rarely I get to brag...
Rarely I get to brag, but here's a system with an ASIC in it that I designed... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and...
14
14