Latest threads in Electronics Computer-Aided Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Telephone Tip/Ring Question
Two lines coming in... How much risk is it to assume that both "Tips" are essentially earth ground potential? ...Jim Thompson
41
41

Really Obnoxious Sound
Wanted: Suggestions for a really obnoxious sound maker... (1) When connected to a phone line (2) My thoughts run simply to a multivibrator But I don't know what would be gruesome to hear ;-) ...Jim...
77
77

Spice Model for SAW Filter
Anyone know of a source of Spice Models for SAW Filters? With a variety of frequencies? ...Jim Thompson
5
5

Remote Ringer for Telephone
Anyone have a favorite circuit for a remote telephone ringer? I have access to the phone line, but no close-by source of power, so telephone line-powered or low battery drain. Commercial purchase also...
17
17

OT: Switch?
Looking for a low-voltage (9V) switch that displays a significant sized red (off) or green (on), easily seen from 20' away. ...Jim Thompson
3
3

Music Servers
Does there exist an apparatus that I could connect the audio output of my FM tuner, assign an IP address, and distribute throughout my PC network? ...Jim Thompson
22
22

Old Raytheon Part
Can some ID this Raytheon part and point me to a data sheet... Labeled RAX916 ^-- this character unreadable ...Jim Thompson
3
3

High Resolution Screen Capture
Is there any way to do a high resolution screen capture? All of the Windows-XP built-in Print Screen stuff is crappy compared to what I'm seeing directly (1280 x 1024). ...Jim Thompson
20
20

OT: Home Thermostat Recommendations?
OT: Home Thermostat Recommendations? With all this global warming (:-) I find myself having to manually switch daily between heating and cooling... today's high, 78°F, tonight's low, 50°F. Is there...
25
25

Spice Model for GaN LED
Can someone please help me how to calculate those spice models values (Is, Rs, N...) for the following LED: I just need a simple model for it, or how to calculate those values....

Is this possible?
Is this is possible? I just had a client request a +1V supply (a switcher) that SINKS 200mA. I only have +5V available :-( ...Jim Thompson
7
7

IEEE Paper
Can anyone here access this IEEE paper for me... Thanks! ...Jim Thompson
1
1

Small Signal Schottkies
Seems like "hold-hands week" :-( Out of the blue a customer calls, needing a small signal Schottky with CJO
3
3

Crystal Oscillator: Drive Power
An old project coming back, _trying_ to bite me... Crystal Oscillator, classic CMOS inverter configuration, End customer claiming too much drive power. Is there a standard (accurate) way of LAB...
16
16

Video Monitor "Repeater" Over Network
Is there a way to "repeat" (*) a monitor over a CAT-5 network? (*) View from another PC on the network. ...Jim Thompson
22
22