Latest threads in Electronics Computer-Aided Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Remote Access?
Are any of you using remote access to your home or work computer? I'd like to access my office PC while I'm out of town. Issues: Cox using dynamic IP addressing I have 5 PC's behind a Barricade Router...
36
36

difference in betaac with Spice
When simulating the Spice-file below (a common emittor amplifier), I noticed that betaac determined by means of the voltage sources vmeasc and vmeasb differs from betaac which is shown in the...
5
5

Digital Ballasts
Magnetic coil type ballasts are also known to cause the bulb to flicker or strobe. This takes place so quickly that the neither human eye nor light meter can pick it up. Eclipse LED digital ballasts...

Thompson's Honey-Do Project of the Day
Thompson's Honey-Do project of the Day... I need a clever way to attach wire basket to under-rail drawer glide. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | |...
22
22

OT: Audio Source Tool
Is there simple software tool that would allow a single click to switch between headphones and PC speakers? Right now my headphones are dedicated to Skype and speakers to other audio sources....
2
2

Open source boundary element method codes
can be downloaded via the linkedin group

Odd Telephone Line "Signal"
Question for your guys experienced in telephone circuits... Every 30 minutes it looks like my on-hook voltage drops from 50VDC to ZERO for a fraction of a second. It happens so fast I can't get an...
9
9

Thank God for...
Thank God for calipers with a digital read out (in fractions)... The grandson just knocked over a BIG drill bit rack :-( Trying to read the etched sizes and reload the rack would have taken forever....
54
54

Saber/Synopsis
Does anyone use the Saber/Synopsis simulator anymore, or is it defunct? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete...
4
4

Fax Answer Tone Question
If you surf on "fax answer tone" you find a lot of wav files that are continuous tones. If I call a real fax I hear that tone, BUT it seems to be strobed on and off at about a 0.5Hz rate. Anyone know...
5
5

Connector Suggestions
Connector Suggestions for... "Jack", header or whatever...mounted to vector board Four wire slip-on connector... how? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. |...
8
8

OT: Best Aftermarket GPS ??
I need a GPS unit for my pick-em-up truck. What's the best aftermarket unit? (I designed several chips for Garmin, but all my buddies are gone now, even Gary Burrell... the "Gar" in Garmin.) ...Jim...
8
8

Power Supply Pinouts ??
Can someone verify if this is the correct pinout for... (eta-usa) "Data sheet" is clear as mud, plus comments that it's "non-isolated" (in spite of no common continuity from side-to-side), leave me...
10
10

Copper "Rivet"/Eyelet
_Years_ ago I used to use copper eyelets in PCB's to allow soldering in larger wire sizes. Can't remember where I got them. Any clues? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog...
18
18

Firefox 4 Annoyance
Anyone figured out how to get the "Add-ons" Toolbar up and running? Particularly InFormEnter? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | |...
2
2