Z0103 Triac & VIPer20A SMPS I.C.

Just about tearing my hair out here , Can anyone supply me a couple of these ,have rang,rang,rang and they wont let me have 1 or 2 have to buy 100 or 2000

  1. only VIPer20A SMPS I.C. made by STMicro
  2. only Z0103 Triacs made by Philips

For a whirlpool washing machine timer ($258 for a new one) which of course cant be repaired Yeah Right .........if only i could get parts

I am in Perth preferably supplier here but dont care if they come from the North Pole

thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve Butler

Hi, Do you know why they went? Otherwise they'll go again when replaced. Cross referenced to something like NTE? Triac is not a big deal that chip might be.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

no dont know why, in the process of sorting that out but these parts are around $2 to $10 dollars and i will be willing to take a chance, also looking at replacing relay just in case of bad contacts found Z0103 from Farnell ?? its the SMPS IC thats proving a problem

thanks

Reply to
Steve Butler

Yeah, while the Triac can be second sourced, the IC is a sole source part. Try contacting ST micro sales directly for an engineering sample device (type "sample" in the search box on their site). Tell them you are responsible for designing a power supply. You don't know the details, you are just the purchaser and the engineer is not presently available. If that don't work, try the same line on a local distributor. Suggest your part might justify orders in the 100-300 piece range if the project works out. Have it shipped to your work address.

You're lucky to even know the part number. Often OEMs remove the markings to make it even harder for you to fix it yourself.

Reply to
PipeDown

Steve Butler schrieb:

L-Tronik-Austria in Graz, , list the VIPER 20 A for Euro 6,50 (+20% VAT) and the VIPER 20 A DIP for Euro 4,26 (+20% VAT).

Although some people may confuse Austria with Australia, Graz is actually not very far from the North Pole. They will probably mail you one or two chips by air-mail letter.

Martin.

Reply to
clicliclic