Z0103 Triac & VIPer20A SMPS I.C.

Just about tearing my hair out here ,
Can anyone supply me a couple of these ,have rang,rang,rang
and they wont let me have 1 or 2 have to buy 100 or 2000

1. only VIPer20A  SMPS I.C. made by  STMicro
2. only Z0103 Triacs made by Philips

For a whirlpool washing machine timer ($258 for a new one) which of course
cant be repaired
Yeah Right .........if only i could get parts

I am in Perth preferably supplier here but dont care if they come from the
North Pole

thanks

Steve

Re: Z0103 Triac & VIPer20A SMPS I.C.

Do you know why they went? Otherwise they'll go again when replaced.
Cross referenced to something like NTE? Triac is not a big deal that
chip might be.

Re: Z0103 Triac & VIPer20A SMPS I.C.

no dont know why,
 in the process of sorting that out but these parts are around $2 to $10
dollars
and i will be willing to take a chance,  also looking at replacing relay
just in case of bad contacts
found Z0103 from Farnell ?? its the SMPS IC thats proving a problem

thanks

Re: Z0103 Triac & VIPer20A SMPS I.C.

Yeah, while the Triac can be second sourced, the IC is a sole source part.
Try contacting ST micro sales directly for an engineering sample device
(type "sample" in the search box on their site).  Tell them you are
responsible for designing a power supply.  You don't know the details, you
are just the purchaser and the engineer is not presently available.  If that
don't work, try the same line on a local distributor.  Suggest your part
might justify orders in the 100-300 piece range if the project works out.
Have it shipped to your work address.

You're lucky to even know the part number. Often OEMs remove the markings to
make it even harder for you to fix it yourself.

Re: Z0103 Triac & VIPer20A SMPS I.C.

L-Tronik-Austria in Graz, <http://www.lta.at/ , list the VIPER 20 A for
Euro 6,50 (+20% VAT) and the VIPER 20 A DIP for Euro 4,26 (+20% VAT).

Although some people may confuse Austria with Australia, Graz is
actually not very far from the North Pole. They will probably mail you
one or two chips by air-mail letter.

Martin.