Appreciate if someone could advise which one of the above is correct.

TIA

Re: Z Diagram of Low Pass Filter

#1 gets the nod. Which did you pick?
http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/~jw/RCfilters.html

Re: Z Diagram of Low Pass Filter

Thanks for that, teach is right! I picked #2

Re: Z Diagram of Low Pass Filter

that is just general current in the circuit.

Re: Z Diagram of Low Pass Filter

"BIGEYE"

**    Xc  =  1/ wC

so    Xc/R  =  1/ wRC

and   R/Xc  =  wRC

When C is small, Xc is large and in case of a LPF the phase angle ( or phase
shift ) approaches zero when C is small.

Only formula 1 give zero phase for small C.

......    Phil

Site Timeline