Yep, they are going ahead with the filter!

Oh, FFS!
http://www.news.com.au/technology/government-pushes-forward-with-internet-filtering/story-e6frfro0-1225810826659
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/15/2772781.htm?section=australia

This Conroy guy is fair dinkum dickhead.
Tell him he's a jerk via here:
http://www.getup.org.au/campaign/SaveTheNet&id89%2

Dave.

Re: Yep, they are going ahead with the filter!

I don't think so.  I believe it is deliberate and the result of an
underhand deal with Family First in exchange for support on something
they got through the Senate. I was even more alarmed when I read
Conroy's speech to the Christian Media Conference
<http://www.cbonline.org.au/index.cfm?pageId12%,37,3,1402

I have, but I don't think it is going to help.

Re: Yep, they are going ahead with the filter!
The physical equipment to do it is already inplace , has been for a few
years now...
Is running "transparent" ATM , just needs to be "turned on"

http://www.news.com.au/technology/government-pushes-forward-with-internet-filtering/story-e6frfro0-1225810826659

Re: Yep, they are going ahead with the filter!
FFS!http://www.news.com.au/technology/government-pushes-forward-with-inte...http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/15/2772781.htm?section=aus ...
here:http://www.getup.org.au/campaign/SaveTheNet&id89%2
I would go as far as to call him absolutely evil for even thinking
this.
Internet communication has done an enormous amount to uncover the
climate "scam", and other things
the gov tries to shove on us, so its essential (since their absolute
power and control are not up for negotiation)
that to them the internet is silenced, if they are to implement any of
their evil schemes.

These bastards need to be gotten rid of.

Have signed the petition, and am considering sending him a letter
(note, doing this to the QLD state parliament will get you into big
trouble, hope the federal government isn't as bad, though they did do
nazi style raids in QLD on journalists who reported about areas that
wouldn't have Digital TV coverage)

Podcast:http://www.eevblog.com

Re: Yep, they are going ahead with the filter!
FFS!http://www.news.com.au/technology/government-pushes-forward-with-inte...http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/15/2772781.htm?section=aus ...
here:http://www.getup.org.au/campaign/SaveTheNet&id89%2
Podcast:http://www.eevblog.com

Its even more scary that no one seems to be picking up on this

Re: Yep, they are going ahead with the filter!

FFS!http://www.news.com.au/technology/government-pushes-forward-with-inte ...
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/15/2772781.htm?section=aus ...
here:http://www.getup.org.au/campaign/SaveTheNet&id89%2

Sure they are. Just like many others, you're talking about it aren't you?
Fortunately for the politicians the average morons don't care about
anything.

MrT.

Site Timeline