Yellow Pages

I'm finding the YP next to useless these days. It throws up way too many
entries from all over the place, regardless of how specific the search
term is. Are they trying to appear more relevant?.. as in able to find
more entries likely to be of interest.. in fear of the increasing use of
Google for searches? If so then it's having the opposite effect.

--
rgds,

Pete
Re: Yellow Pages

I just used it today for the address of a place that didn?t
show up properly in maps.google or the apple mapper.

I got the YP entry using google on the operation's name.

Or trying to be more useful...

Not if you use google to get their entry.

Re: Yellow Pages

They're trying to please people who don't care about specific results,
many search engines are going like that.

Re: Yellow Pages

They have always attempted to provide a useful service.

YP isnt a search engine.

Re: Yellow Pages

how is it more useful if I enter a suburb and get listings from all over
melbourne and am not able to confine the results to that suburb? and
don't try to tell me I can since I've tried all ways

rgds,

Pete
Re: Yellow Pages

Not everyone wants to do that.

There are other ways to search for stuff that?s within
some specified radius of your current location. That?s
much more useful than by suburb.

Re: Yellow Pages

The users pay for the searches, that is why there are so many.

---