Yaesu FRG-7700 Tuning dial mechanical fault

The tuning dial of my Yaesu FRG-7700 receiver will not rotate beyond
about 780 Khz.
Is that easy to fix?

Re: Yaesu FRG-7700 Tuning dial mechanical fault
On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 17:12:04 +1000, Lucifer

Re: Yaesu FRG-7700 Tuning dial mechanical fault

It would seem you are in a great position to tell us :-)

Re: Yaesu FRG-7700 Tuning dial mechanical fault
On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 09:16:18 +0800, Rheilly Phoull

Fair comment! I now have the cover off and it looks like I will
need to remove the front panel.

It's interesting because the tuning works normally up to
about 800 Khz.

Re: Yaesu FRG-7700 Tuning dial mechanical fault
Not having such a device I cannot help with data but if you can see the
mechanism perhaps turning it back a bit might show the cause ?

Site Timeline