Yaesu FRG-7700 Tuning dial mechanical fault

The tuning dial of my Yaesu FRG-7700 receiver will not rotate beyond about 780 Khz. Is that easy to fix?

Reply to
Lucifer

Lucifer

It would seem you are in a great position to tell us :-)

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Fair comment! I now have the cover off and it looks like I will need to remove the front panel.

It's interesting because the tuning works normally up to about 800 Khz.

Reply to
Lucifer

Not having such a device I cannot help with data but if you can see the mechanism perhaps turning it back a bit might show the cause ?

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

The mechanism is in the VFO box and I can't see a simple way to remove the cover.

Reply to
Lucifer